Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fair Wrap-up

Not a bad fair season, 22 entries at two different fairs netting 20 ribbons. Ten firsts, seven seconds, three thirds, and two that did not take a prize. What kind of items did I enter? Mostly sewing and flowers. I have to admit, I was a bit shocked when my "silk arrangement" of fall flowers and leaves in a ceramic gourd didn't place. However, in looking at the winning entries, mine was simply outclassed--first by an elegant, and artful, urn of lovely silk roses and then with a round container of oversized pink dogwood. At least my "miniature flower arrangement" of a 2" tall basket of real flowers took first. The most surprising win was the $10 premium that came with the first place ribbon for the "Red Hat Garment" category--my stunning royal purple culottes with brilliant red piping and buttons on the pockets. Of course, the fairs are over, but I've already started a list of what I want to sew for next year's entries.
Catherine

No comments: