Here are the details for my November online course:
CAUSE & EFFECT SEQUENCES: Intensive Online Writing Course
INSTRUCTOR: Catherine E. McLean
DATE: November 2-23, 2009 (4 weeks, 1 session per week)
COST: $30 Pennwriters members; $35 non-members
Interesting stories that grab a reader's attention and keep them turning pages don't happen by accident. Those stories employ techniques and devices of Cause & Effect Sequences that you can learn. This intensive online course will teach you how to use Cause & Effect Sequences to:
* Add urgency, suspense, conflict, and drama to your scenes and plots
* Seamlessly enter or depart flashbacks or remembrances
* Enhance the flow of your story with ease
* Suspend reader disbelief
* Validate motivations for character's behavior, thinking, reactions, and decisions
* Develop characters & validate motivations for their behavior, thinking, reactions, and decisions
* Produce cleaner, more marketable copy
Participants will be required to submit the first 500 words from the opening of one of their stories. Excerpts from your story will be privately critiqued by the instructor for use of Cause & Effect Sequences; however, with your permission, some may be used as examples for the group. There will be weekly assignments.
(NOTE: This course is for writers familiar with story structure, writing and story terms, and who have completed fictional short stories and novels.)
FREE bonus with this course: "Bloopers & Blunders"--a list of 46 common mistakes made in writing fiction.
Discover how to write engaging stories readers and publishers love.
Enroll Now. REGISTER: http://tinyurl.com/PennwritersCourse200911
- OR -
# # #